Saturday, January 6, 2007

Children Of Men

Viewed: 1.06.07
Theater or DVD: Theater
Overall Review: 4 out of 5

Plot:
The year is 2027 and the world is in dissaray due to the unexplained inability of women to reproduce for the last 18 years. With each dying person, the world grows closer to extinction. Chaos ensues.

Memorable Quote: "As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices."

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this movie. It is not for everyone, but really pulled me in and had its way with me. I will admit, it is a slow paced movie that takes time to build up, but the last 30 minutes blew me away. The directing and vision were stellar throughout. I came into this movie expecting a low budget, artsy flick, but was really shown the goods. Clive Owen and Michael Caine did a great job in their respective roles.

Like I said, this one is definitely not for everyone, and probably isn't "date night" material, but it worked for both ChickJax and I. It took some time for me to really understand everything that was going on, but along the way I managed to fill in the blanks. Still, I think seeing this one again will probably do me some good. We will definitely be renting this one. If you do the same, get the kids to bed before you fire it up cause their are some pretty graphic battle scenes at the end.

No comments: